Cary and Irene (THE AWFUL TRUTH)

Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Irene Dunne (1898 - 1990)

Irene Dunne and Cary Grant
Happy Birthday to Irene Dunne, a grand actress who starred in all kinds of films: musicals, westerns, dramas, and of course screwball comedies. Her pairings with Cary Grant are legendary with The Awful Truth, My Favorite Wife and Penny Serenade. And Irene was sensational in the screwball comedy classic Theodora Goes Wild. Other films include Love Affair (1939), A Guy Named Joe (1943), The White Cliffs Of dover (1944), and Life With Father (1947). Happy Birthday Dunnie, as my friend Renata calls her.

4 comments:

Renata said...

haha not just me :) Her high school friends used to call her Dunnie too.

She was amazing. Happy bday Dunnie!!!!

Dawn said...

Wonderful picture Monty!!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Happy Birthday, Irene. She was great. Love the new header picture!

Shabbychicdiva said...

Oh I missed her birthday last month when I didn't blog as much:-( I love Irene! I love the movie The Awful Truth with her and of course my honey:-)Winona