Cary and Irene (THE AWFUL TRUTH)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Seven Year Itch (1955)

One of Marilyn's best roles and best films has the gorgeous one playing a young woman living in the upstairs apartment of a married man. The man is prone to daydreaming about being a real ladies man but when he finally meets Marilyn, comedic results happen quickly and often. A hilarious film that shot Monroe to stardom. It was the first pairing between Monroe and director Billy Wilder. And co-star Tom Ewell is a riot as the married man who falls for Marilyn.They would team up again a few years later for the also great comedic classic Some Like It Hot. You can't go wrong with this one. Enjoy The Seven Year Itch during this particularly hot summer season and will bring a smile to your face.



The Girl: When it gets hot like this, you know what I do. I keep my undies in the icebox!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Girl: I think it's just elegant to have an imagination. I just have no imagination at all. I have lots of other things, but I have no imagination.

2 comments:

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Monty,
I was never a big fan of Marilyn's, but you cannot take your eyes off of her in a pictures. My favorite of her movies is "Some Like It Hot." For sure, a classic.

Irene Palfy said...

"The seven year itch" is just great!! Tom Ewell is so funny! (and Marilyn soo cute!) Did you recognize Carolyn Jones (Morticia Addams!!) playing Miss Finch, the night nurse, in one of Tom Ewell's fantasies?