Cary and Irene (THE AWFUL TRUTH)

Thursday, April 1, 2010

March poll results....Irene Dunne is the winner

Last month's poll question was who do you think was Cary Grant's best partner in screwball films. The clear choice was Irene Dunne, who captured 59% of the 27 votes. That was truly amazing. I know I voted for her, she and Grant were magic in The Awful Truth and My Favorite Wife. Congratulations to Irene. Coming in a distant second was Katherine Hepburn (who teamed with Grant for Holiday, The Philadelphia Story and Bringing Up Baby) with 18%. Next was Rosalind Russell (His Girl Friday) with 14%. And finally Myrna Loy (Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House and The Bachelor & the Bobby-Soxer) with only 7%.

I will post a new poll before the day is out. Thanks to everyone who voted.

1 comment:

* R e N a * said...

OF COURSE she was the best!!! My favorite actress, I love Dunnie!!!