Cary and Irene (THE AWFUL TRUTH)

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Welcome To Screwball Cinema


Welcome everyone to this new blog called Screwball Cinema. Screwball comedies are my favorite type of movies, so this blog will be dedicated solely to this fun and entertaining genre. Covering all the classics and little known screwball gems that some people might not know about. We will also discuss the actors and actresses who contributed to this genre and excelled at it. I hope this will be one of the more interesting blogs out here.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I agree this is a wonderful movie. I have always felt Cary Grant had always played the same type of character in his films. Although.. In this film I thought he played a more manipulative character. Wonderful first post Monty.:)

VP81955 said...

Just discovered your site, and it looks wonderful! I wish you well.

I have a site dedicated to the "queen of screwball," Carole Lombard, called "Carole & Co." We've been up since Jne 2007, with more than 1,050 entries, most of them on Lombard, her life and times, and people she knew and worked with. I think you'll enjoy it; check us out at http://community.livejournal.com/carole_and_co