Cary and Irene (THE AWFUL TRUTH)

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Star of the month: IRENE DUNNE


Irene Dunne has been a frequent topic of conversation on my blogs. She had one heck of a year in 2011 on my other blog, All Good Things. First she won the Favorite Classic Actress tournament, beating the likes of Carole Lombard, Barbara Stanwyck, Grace Kelly and Vivien Leigh. Then she was the top ranked star for the year as well. Ahead of Cary Grant even. Wow! Impressive indeed! And now she is Screwball Cinema's first star of the month. I will share all my thoughts on why Irene is my 2nd most favorite actress ever. She sits right behind my girl Carole. You know Irene seems to be getting the best of Carole lately. After defeating her in the tourney last year, she also beat Carole in a poll I did her on Screwball Cinema asking for the favorite screwball comedy queen. Yep, Irene won that too. So please stop by to check out all what I will be doing for the amazing Ms. Dunne!

2 comments:

Renata said...

yay, my queen =)

UneCinephile said...

you know why Irene keeps winning? because she made every type of character she played look effortless. her comedy and drama is never over the top and that is what made her so good.